十大网赌靠谱网址 is committed to conducting high quality research underpinned by appropriate ethical standards for the benefit of society and in the public’s interest. It recognises the benefits of a positive culture of ethical reflection, debate and mutual learning particularly against the continuing emergence of new situations and research methodology which require creative approaches to ethics issues.
Keele Response to COVID-19
For information relating to research under approval from a University 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee, please see //www.websitepositionwizard.com/intranet/coronavirusupdates/guidanceonresearchandpgractivity/
When does research require ethical review?
Review by a research ethics committee (REC) is required where research involves humans. This includes:
- their data (includes primary data originating from human subjects (e.g. anonymous questionnaires or identifiable interview data); and the use of secondary data, which originated from or is about human subjects, which was initially provided for other purposes (e.g. other research projects or organisational datasets))
- biomaterial (anything that originates from a human subject including: cells; tissues; organs; bodily fluids (e.g. blood, plasma, spinal fluid); secretions and excretions (e.g. breath, urine); outgrowths (e.g. hair, nail, teeth))
- politically or socially sensitive topics with impact on the welfare and interests of local, national or international communities; potential reputational risk to the researchers or University
- where a source of funding has the potential to compromise the University’s position as a publicly funded charitable body.
Research involving human participants / subjects carried out by 十大网赌靠谱网址 Staff or Students must be reviewed by one of the University’s Research Ethics Committees (RECs) or by a recognised external committee, such as an NHS 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee. A favourable ethical opinion must be granted before any work requiring ethical approval begins.
Most research in the health and social care areas needs to be reviewed by an NHS Research Ethics Committee or the Social Care 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee. See the Health and Social Care Research pages for further information. All other staff and student research projects involving any of the above must be reviewed by one of the University’s 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committees. The route for obtaining an ethical opinion from a University REC is different depending on whether you are a member of staff, PGR student, PGT student or undergraduate; follow the links at the bottom of the page accordingly.
十大网赌靠谱网址 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Policy (PDF, 418kb) explains the University's stance in relation to research ethics review and the creation, operation and monitoring of its research ethics committees.
The route for ethical review by a Keele University research ethics committee is different depending on your relationship to the University. 十大网赌靠谱网址 ethics committees will only review research projects for its own staff or students.
If you are already familiar with the University's ethical review process, you can follow the quick links below to the REC-specific webpages.
- 大学本科 and PGT research
- Central 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee (CREC)
- Humanities and Social Sciences Faculty 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee (HumSS FREC)
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Faculty 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee (FMHS FREC)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences Faculty 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee (FNS (non-psy) FREC)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences Psychology Faculty 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee (PSY FREC)
- Keele Institute for Innovation and teaching Excellence 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Committee (KIITE EREC)
- Declaration of Helsinki
- European Handbook on ethics (with a preamble)
- ESRC framework for 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理
- The 十大网赌靠谱网址伦理 Guidebook (a resource for social scientists)
- UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research
- University Security Sensitive data procedures
- University Research Contracts procedure
- Information Governance and Data Security
- Human Biomaterials
- University processes for Health and Social Care Research （仅内部）